Thursday, July 5, 2012
Rainbow Meringue Pops Recipe
This is my go to recipe for Meringues. I always get so many compliments on them and they only have two ingredients. I know my measurements need a scale but it will make you a better baker and your recipes will turn our fantastic, I promise.
Rainbow Meringue Pops
Egg Whites 240g
1st Granulated Sugar 227g
2nd Granulated Sugar 253g
Bubble Gum Flavor 1/2 teaspoon
Gel Food Coloring 4
Disposable Pastry Bag
Round Pastry Tip #805
1.Place Liquid Egg Whites in a bowl and use the whisk attachment, whip on medium/high until foamy.
2. Add 1st Granulated Sugar to mixer, gradually. Continue to whisk on medium high until the mixture is glossy with stiff peaks.
3. Remove mixing bowl from the stand and fold in the 2nd Granulated Sugar and add your Bubble Gum Flavor. Be careful and don't over-mix the meringue.
4. Cut a whole in your Pastry Bag and drop in the Pastry Tip. Pick out your 4 favorite Gel Food Colors. Take your Toothpick and streak the Gel Food Color on the inside of your Pastry Bag in a straight line, bottom to top. Repeat three times on opposite sides of the Pastry Bag.
5. Drop your Meringue in the center of the Pastry Bag and fill.
6. Pipe your Meringue on a Parchment Lined Sheet Pan. Pipe from the inside out in a circular motion creating a lollipop shape.
7. Bake Meringue at 225 F 1.5-2 hours. Test your Meringue to see if it's cooked by breaking a piece. If it snaps it's done and if not bake longer in 10 minute increments.
8. Once Meringue is cooked remove it from the oven and place the sheet of parchment on a cooling rack.
9. When Meringue has completely cooled, lightly drill a hole with the Wooden Skewer in the Meringue where the Lollipop Stick will be placed. Gently insert the Lollipop Stick to make sure it fits. Take your Lollipop Stick and dip it in Melted White Chocolate and insert Lollipop Stick, set in Foam Block to dry.
Flavor- vanilla extract, lemon extract ect.
Color- use any colors you like